Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A friend of mine has a 1984 Standard or stripped version. He is wanting to know if anyone knows how many of those were made. I know it was the last year for the standard model.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Not enough!!! I have been on the lookout for a while now. I really do not know a number

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

Hey Wiskerfish, there is a nice clean wineberry 84S for sale locally.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

very hard to say how many exactly, the engine numbers in the haynes manual, subtracted show a number of 16,844, the frame numbers, subtracted are 22,7627 and 12,215

hope my fiqures are right, maths was not my strong suit. lol so I suppose a reasonable quess, would be somewhere between those fiqures.

anyway you look at it, they a very special bike for sure, a freind of mine has one, and has had a few offers, but it aint for sale! LOL

cheers,

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Cal-D wrote:
Hey Wiskerfish, there is a nice clean wineberry 84S for sale locally.
Think I saw a listing for that one like 6 Grand right?? A bit out of my price range:dude::dude::dude:

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

$6000.00 us for a start sounds about right I would think,

we assume starting price here in NZ would be about $12000.00.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

What I would really like is to find one that has been wrecked that I could snag an engine from to stuff into a 1000 frame. :action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

"$6000.00 us for a start sounds about right I would think,"
What the hell? You can get them for $2000 around here! I'd have to be insane to pay $6000 for an 84 GL.
Whiskerfish, we had two 1200 wrecks on CL, one was going for $250 the other for $100.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
"$6000.00 us for a start sounds about right I would think,"
What the hell? You can get them for $2000 around here! I'd have to be insane to pay $6000 for an 84 GL.
Whiskerfish, we had two 1200 wrecks on CL, one was going for $250 the other for $100.
Lets see 6,000 miles round trip,truck and trailer 11 mpg, figure 1.80 a gaollon, I think that is pushing a grand right there. Add in food and hotels and now we are fast approachingtwo months of Mortgage payments!! :shock::shock::shock:

I been keeping an eye out here in the East but have not seen any lately. I will be patient.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

"Lets see 6,000 miles round trip, truck and trailer 11 mpg, figure 1.80 a gaollon ($2.50 on the west coast), I think that is pushing a grand right there. Add in food and hotels and now we are fast approaching two months of Mortgage payments!!

I been keeping an eye out here in the East but have not seen any lately. I will be patient."

Dude, that's why god made UPS

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

1984 HONDA ASPENCADE $3800
[line]

Date: 2009-02-13, 2:18PM PST

Emaculate bike. 20,000. easy miles

Now that's what I'm talking about!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I asked this same question when I got the Standard last Spring. Never did get an answer. :( They sell $3500-$4000 up here morram, if they are in great condition.

John

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

We've been seeing a lot of gold lusting sellers lately. People asking $6000 to $8000 for 11 & 12 hundreds! For me an 1100 has to be very pretty and less than 12k miles. Same with the 1200s and then I'm only going as high as maybe $3200. It's like the CBR I resently bought. There are guys all over asking $6k plus for 04/05s and I paid $3.6k for the 06. Sorry fellers, these machines are no where near appresiating because they just are not that rare. Yesterday I found a beautiful 95 1500I and the guy is asking $3600. It's got 23k on it. I just might bite the snake if I can get the money out of the other 1500.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
1200 in a 1000 frame? Not without a lot of torch and welder time.
Not as much as you think:shock::shock: I been working a bit with a friend putting one together.Gonna be fun!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.