Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The rear shocks are bottoming out on me when we 2 up. Even with the air right up to the max I have had my mudflap dragging on the highway. I gather it is time to rebuild them so what I am wondering is what all should I look at when I do the rebuild. I know I will need seals. (Looking at the parts schematics I would need 1 seal/shock) Should I also look at new springs as well? Anything else that I should be looking at while I am in that area.
Also I used ATF for my front forks should I use that in the rears as well? When you talk about fork oil do you mean "Hydraulic oil"
As it takes about 2 weeks for me to get stuffs I want to make sure that when I order, I order everything that I might possibly need. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

gambler has a great how to in ref. and faq. just did mine as i had same prob., i opted to install progressive springs and am very pleased, also used trans fluid. you'll probably want new bushings top and bottom, top is just rubber, bottom is rubber with steel sleeve. also check dust boots oem still avail. but also suitable replacement boot can be found on this forum. good luck.:action::waving:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you PM. I looked at gamblers refit. Is excellent with all the pics. That will make much easier for me. I plan on ordering all of my parts online as over the counter here is very pricey. Probably from Bike Bandidt as I have to do a stator change as well and they have a good stator there. Will have to check to see if they have the progressive springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.