Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Im gonna ask probably the stupidest question ever, but, I just bought a 1985 1200 LE. I cant find a switch for the driving lights and all of the nice marker lights. So how doI turn them on?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Im talking about the side marker lights, and the lower front fairing driving lights that come standard on the 1985 1200 LE model.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Since you're mentioned lower fairing lights, I suspect you have an LTD.

If so, those are not driving lights. They are cornering lights and work in conjunction with your turn signals.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ahhh, yes I am talking about a 1200 LTD, cornering lights hmm. that makes sense. Do the side marker lights and the lights around the bottom of the side bags have a switch or are they supposed to come on when you start the bike?

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

glhonda wrote:
Since you're mentioned lower fairing lights, I suspect you have an LTD.

If so, those are not driving lights. They are cornering lights and work in conjunction with your turn signals.
Thanks GL honda-I was beginning to think I was losing my memory regarding the LE model.

+1 on the lights in the lower fairing come on with turn signals to shed light on the "corners".

Not exactly sure what you mean by side marker lights. Up front or at saddlebag.

Pics help. We like pics. Alot.

:smallpopcorn:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

If the side maker lights you talking about are built into the side bags, then yes, they are running lights and should come on when you start the bike.

The bottom Farring lights only come on when you turn a turn signal light on, and they go off when the auto cancel turns the signal off

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

All the STOCK lights are supposed to come on when the bike is started, except the clear lights one on each side of the lower fairing, which come on with the turn signals. However, I rewired mine to the headlight high beam, so they stay on all the time when the high beam is on. The LTD certainly has enough electrical power for it. If any of your lights are not coming on, I would check the bulbs first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.