Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I hope I can explain this. While repairing the 3 yellow wires, I found where the odd greens from the negative battery post went to.
Seems there is a short jumper harness between the main, to the rectifier. The PO had cut the ground(green) between the 2 plugs.
He added grounds to the plug at the rectifier, which run allover, 1 to the ground under the rectifier, 1 to the air cleaner bolt, 1 to the seat catch, there are at least 1 or 2 more. These are all tied together? I checked to main harness plug, and it has a good ground.
Question #1 I'd like to put it back to factory and do away with all the extra ground wires? Does this sound OK? I do have the male/female connectors for this.
Question#2 There is a small oval, electrical something attached to the plug which comes out of the rectifier wires seem to be no more than 20 gauge can't figure out what it is. 2 green wires come from the installed ground/2 reds come out of the reds from the rectifier
Hope this make sense.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

From the looks of it, that could be a very rare bird. If you use the intercom that looks like the J&M harness that reduces a lot of electrical interference.

The extra grounds could be from an attempt to reduce interference, possibly the EC harness

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Makes sense, found the plug for the passenger down under the seat. There is a push button mounted on the rail under the passenger seat also. I figured it was for the intercom? When I rewired the yellows on the 84, I don't remember the extra jumper plug. And the wiring diagrams don't show this or that I can find. I should have noted this has a CB also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.