Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1985 LTD getting ready. I'm posting this to see if there's interest here, or if it's off to eBay. For a forum member, it's going to be VERY well priced. 83,778 miles.

Trip computer, cruise control, stereo all work perfectly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what I know of the maintenance history:

Significant service (within last 10,000 miles).

R&R Stator 9/24/2005 80,868
Rear brakes (rotor and pads) 5/11/2005 79,755
Rear tire 4/15/2005 80,300

Service by me: (this week)

Clean injector bodies
New Spark Plugs

Flush brake fluid

Replace Mirrors (brand new)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known problems:

Air compressor system does not regularly function. I've seen it work, and I've seen it not work. When it doesn't work it shows EEE on display.
One lock on the topbox does not work.
The prior owner had a small oil spot in the garage under the oil filter area. It has not soiled my concrete, but I just don't know and can't guarantee.

I've run this bike over 200 miles this week and following the necessary cleaning and wake-up from it's slumber, it's performed flawlessly.

I'm waiting for a new left hand mirror to arrive and I'll do my standard photo shoot and video.

PM me if interested. I'm thinking $2,795.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

ITS MINE all mine. Thanky you Rusty for the bike, and to the rest of the forum for being my new family. I am sure I will be calling on you all veryoften for ways to repair and sources for parts. Thanks again and keep the sunny side up

Rex E Riester

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,782 Posts
imported post

I smell an airplane ticket and a very enjoyable ride home :waving:

Rusty is a very solid person. You will get what he advertised and more.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Thankyou Azgl1500 I believe you are right. Rusty and I had a very good and long conversation about the bike and Goldwings in general. He even has relatives here in Evansville Ind. It really is a small world. Thanks to everyone for welcoming me into the family and forum

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Thank you Mark and johnnymac . It looks like you have very good taste also very beautiful bike. I think I made a good decision also and with a group like this it will be easy to maintain.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Congrat's exr1, and welcome to the forum. You couldnt have picked a better guy to buy from. Good luck and enjoy your ride home, and ride safe

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I just came in from outside - went over the bike with some Plexus.

Waiting for that left mirror to arrive (today I hope?).

Welcome to the fun of Goldwing Ownership. These are great bikes. :)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

johnnymac wrote:
You oviously have good taste and better upbringing than most.
Good job!
Your taste in bikes leaves nothing to question. But there is ONE question that has nothing to do with the bike.

Is the girl in your photo about to step on a spider?

:D

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

EXR1

You have acquired one of the Best Wings ever made. Enjoy my friend, Enjoy... Lots here to help you out with the occasional problem.. Former owner LTD

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
johnnymac wrote:
You oviously have good taste and better upbringing than most.
Good job!
Your taste in bikes leaves nothing to question. But there is ONE question that has nothing to do with the bike.

Is the girl in your photo about to step on a spider?

:D
That's a good question! The girlis my wife. I think she was stretching her legs so she could reach the ground from the GoldWing seatthen she could ride it herself. No I don't know, I'll ask. It was taken with a camera with a self timer. I think she was just daydreaming, waiting for me to get with it.

If there was a spider, she'd make me come and get it for her.
She asked me why I chose that pic, but it shows the bike without me in front of it

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

exr1 wrote:
ITS MINE all mine. Thanky you Rusty for the bike, and to the rest of the forum for being my new family. I am sure I will be calling on you all veryoften for ways to repair and sources for parts. Thanks again and keep the sunny side up

Rex E Riester
Have a Safe Ride back to the corn fields Rex :waving:Nice bike!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.