Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I could really use some advice from anyone out there. I picked up my bike after having it serviced and immediately went and purchased some gas. After riding for about 10 miles the bike suddenly died while traveling at around 65 – 70 mph. The bike still had power but would not turn over. I had to get a trailer to get it home. About 36 hours later I thought I would try to start it just to see if there was anything left of the battery and it started right up. As soon as I touch the throttle it dies. The next day the same things happen, I use the choke to start it and it fires right up, then after it starts getting warm the bike starts to die and using the throttle kills it completely. Any ideas from anyone as to what could be wrong would be appreciated.

Also I thought possibly I purchased some bad gas, so I put some Seafoam in the tank along with some fresh gas but it didn't work. Same thing happens

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I can't take it back because the guy is closed for the summer. I am just trying to figure out what happened, and what to get it fixed somewhere else or try to do it myself.

·
Administrator
26,992 Posts
imported post

Hi copman70 and welcome from a fellow Arkansasan. You probably need to check for water in the gas. Pull the line off the filter and drain some in a glass container and look for water in the bottom. If it has any drain it all out and drain the carb float bowls.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

check fuel cutoff at petcock:Dwouldn't be the first time that has happened to someone, but check filter to insure it if allowing gas to pas through, check the pump to see if it is pluged in by chance and what everyone else did. Good luck and come back and let us knoww what your fix is or if you still haven't figured it out and someone will gladly talk you through a troubleshoot.

Ride Safe, Ray:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

copman70 wrote:
I can't take it back because the guy is closed for the summer. I am just trying to figure out what happened, and what to get it fixed somewhere else or try to do it myself.
That bites!....like the others posted, check for water in fuel, petcock and filter. Start with the most simple and work from there.

There are some good guys on here that can help you get it going....just have patients

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.