Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I scanned through the post and wasn't sure if my problem is linked with other issues posted. I'm a new winger with zero experience and expertise. Bike will not start and typically sounds like weak or bad battery. Bike will jump start with no problems (I carry a portable battery starter in my saddlebag to start) and starter turns and starts fine. Performed leakage test IAW manual by disconnecting NEG battery lead and taking voltage reading across disconnected battery NEG lead and NEG battery post. I read the 12.47 volts which is the same as what I read across the POS and NEG post of the battery when disconnected. Have been told I need to chack amperage draw also and someone mentioned possible problem with the clock, because it is powered with ignition off. Does this mean I have a short somewhere in the system on circuits that power with ignition off? I still have the much discussed plug with three yellow wires for the stator and the dog bone type fuse (All factory connections with no mods that I can tell). I have purchased a new battery, but want to make sure I should actually get "0" volt reading on leakage test, or I will simply drain the new battery. Hope I don't sound too stupid, but please help. You guys are "THE SOURCE" for everything Goldwing and I send tons of respect.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from central Tx. lots of great info. and people, hope you enjoy as much as I do:waving::action: you need to go to technical and post question there. on auto you can do same test and remove fuses till voltage goes away test clock first as i believe that may be normal, charge bat and do a load test or you can take to auto parts store they will test free. good luck

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

I recommend you post your question over in the technical section. Most of the gurus won't see it over here, and a lot more people frequent over there. Just a few of us greeters hang out over here on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome Navymaster, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome from sunny Southern California, you have come to the right place.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:1000red:WELCOME, From Fort Wayne, IN USA

THE HOOSIER STATE:12blue:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Sorry folks. I made newbie mistake and failed to post my intro while asking question on intro page. Been out of the seat about 15 yr and now back on seat of 1985 GL1200 Interstate I picked up for $1200. Think I got a deal, but don't matter cause I,m riding. US Navy Master Chief Petty Officer with 28 yr going for 30. By the way, posted tech issue and already got the fix. Fantastic sight.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.