Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hello

My bike is instantly loading up the 2 right side spark plugs with excess fuel. It is the stock CFI injection. I'm guessing that either the fuel injectors are leaking or the computer is bad.

Any idea what might cause this?

Any idea how to test the injectors or computer to determine what the cause is?

Thanks for any help
I'll chime in here. First, do you have the manuals needed for your bike. These are the OEM service manual, Electrical troubleshooting manual, and the supplement - this is the real important one. Without it you are going to ask a lot of questions and get a lot of opinion.

Loading up the spark plugs. Have you adjusted the idle on your bike at any time and if so, which screw did you use? There are two screws that can be used, but only one is specifically for the idle - located in the centre rear of the air chamber. The other is to balance the right left cylinder banks located behind the right CFI cover and is not to be used to adjust engine idle.

If you use the screw for the cylinder bank balance adjustment to adjust the engine idle, you will affect the fuel to the cylinders. This screw should only be adjusted when you have vacuum gauges connected to each cylinder bank. The engine idle will have to be adjusted as well if you change the engine cylinder bank adjustment.

The PB sensors should not affect your issue.

There are aftermarket injectors that can be used but must be low impedence injectors - 3.0 ohm or less. Injectors for an early model Civic/Prelude - 1985 will do.

ECU will affect fuel to the cyclinders, but primarily because of the TPS setting. Calibration too high, excess fuel used. Calibration too low, lean condition.

Good luck.

Are there any error codes on the ECU? These ECU are very robust and don't fail too often.

·
Registered
910 Posts
The auto injectors that I have used and work well are Autoline 16313, low impedence and used in early model Hondas. I would recommend having the original injectors cleaned and flow tested, both sides. Keep all the injector componenets together - Ziploc bags and send to a reputable service.

I have used Witchhunter Performance in Duval WA. He's very good and knowledgeable about the older GW injectors. Answers his phone as well. If you use him send all the parts and pieces with the injector and he will replace as part of the service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts