Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
Check the vacuum hose to the Pb sensor near the top of the frame above the engine.

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
The Pb sensors are vacuum sensors, 1 on each side, each with a separate vacuum line. They sense the vacuum in the intake to tell the computer how long to open the injectors, if the vacuum is low as in a broken vacuum line it tells the computer to send more fuel to those cylinders. You have to remove the false tank to get to them.

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
xlnt, thanks very much, i can do that, and that sounds the most plausible cause.

will i see a vacuum line coming from the injectors up to the sensor so i can identify the sensor, otherwise how will i know the sensors when i see them?

also, does the front fairing need to be removed to remove the fuel injectors?

thanks
Yes you will see a vacuum line going to them. No, you do not have to remove the fairing.

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
Here is a shot from the service manual. The vacuum line is not to the injectors, if you find the hose is leaking you shouldn't have to remove the injectors, they seldom go bad anyway.
Organism Font Motor vehicle Art History

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
Thanks for the reply, however in your previous post, your comment implied that the vacuum hose goes to the injectors and now you say it does not
I implied no such thing. I'll let someone else help you.

• Haha
Reactions: icechopper
1 - 6 of 6 Posts