Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Got some time on my hands so I am going to replace the vacuum hoses on my bike as they look like the originals but I cant find anyone that sells them. I have checked various honda parts websites but with no luck.

Does anyone know where to get them or could I just use similar diameter plastic ones from Home Depot or do they have to be rubber?

Also just to expand my knowledge what does the vacuum hose from the carb to the Ignition box actualy do.?

Thanks

·
Administrator
28,077 Posts
Just go to a parts store and get some 3/16 vacuum hose.
The vacuum to the ignition module does the same thing as a vacuum advance.

·
Administrator
28,077 Posts
There are different versions that do different things. Some use ported vacuum as in the 1100 and 1200 wings to advance the timing when the throttle is opened for better acceleration. Some use manifold vacuum to give advance at idle and low or steady throttle for better fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Dave is correct. On the 1200, the advance in the first three gears is controlled by engine rpm input. Once the control unit sees 4th or 5th gear input from the shift positin switch (neutral switch), it varies ignition timing based on the ported vacuum signal from the #4 carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.