Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings-

Now in season 3 riding this awesome Aspencade I have a couple months of snow and ice to allow time to enhance the bike. The brakes work great. R+R of calipers in 2017, but as best I can tell the brake lines are original 33 year old units. I see a 4 line kit at Radaaks but my question is primarily about the metal lines, especially the long link line. Where do I go for that one?

My radio barely functions, with a cassette adapter I can drive the unit with an Iphone, but things are pretty tired. I love the 4 speaker system on my pals 1500. Are there kits to add speakers 3 and 4? How best to upgrade the head unit? On impulse I picked up a car in dash unit with blue tooth. Im not sure I'm up to carving up the dash to stuff a new unit in. A used head unit is an option but that's 30+ years old too?

So far my "fun/$ quotient with this bike is very very high, but when it comes to accessories I envy you guys with your pricey new bikes. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,868 Posts
Are you asking where to get the metal line? Why would you need to replace it?

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
Mine was a '85 Aspencade. I had a SS line set, seems to me one line is a long one, I was gonna strap it to the metal line. Mine was not Randakk's, I think my set had just three lines. If yours is 4, sounds like it uses the metal line which is better I think. I give the set away when I sold the bike.

As to the radio, I added XM with a wireless modulator located inches from the antenna in the hump of the travel trunk, worked great, no interference. No pics of setup in 1200, I cleared out pics, but here is one as set up in our trike, I use SkyFi with docking station, wired an outlet in place.
Set station, shut trunk, ride.
Over the years, I did have to send the Auto Volume unit to Sierra Electronics so it would work. I did replace the front speakers once with upgraded from J&M as I recall. There used to be kits to add speakers with faders, but good luck finding a kit now. J&M might have one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts