Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone must have dropped this bike because the faring on one side broken in several places. I looked on ebay for a replacement but the ones I see there have "issues" as well. Plus they are over $100 completely stripped down. So, I have 2 questions:

Are there other places to buy these faring, and what is a reasonable price I should expect to pay?
Maybe I should consider fixing this one so what glue would work on this plastic? Or is there a better way to repair these?

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
Several threads on fairing repairs, you have to use ABS glue.

Those links are from my Forum Index, which you can install for yourself, look at the top of the General forum for threads on how to install the Index.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. A lot of these links don't work. At least for me. Enough do that I get the idea.

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
found the post by "Ole Guy", the link was bad.

Found the other broken links, above

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts
Someone must have dropped this bike because the faring on one side broken in several places. I looked on ebay for a replacement but the ones I see there have "issues" as well. Plus they are over $100 completely stripped down. So, I have 2 questions:

Are there other places to buy these faring, and what is a reasonable price I should expect to pay?
Maybe I should consider fixing this one so what glue would work on this plastic? Or is there a better way to repair these?
That price is reasonable for a stripped fairing if it's in even useable shape. The shipping would be that much probably also. Check the for sale/wanted forum here, someone has probably ruined, I mean made a bobber or something out of one and has the parts they took off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts