Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

Would anyone know the size Allen wrench needed to remove the upper part of the antenna for a 1985 Honda Goldwing Interstate? I scoured the service manual and can't seem to find the information.

Thanks,
Colin Young
(7 miles west of Boston)

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
The Interstates didn't come with an antenna, so it won't have any instructions in the manual.

Sounds like you have a combination radio and CB antenna.
Just go to a place that sells tools and buy a set of hex wrenches.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,617 Posts
I to buy a set of Metric Hex Allen wrenches for our car's Right Hand Brake pedal height adjustment screw.
Turned out it was 8mm but no where in the manual of instructions that came with the RHD kit, does it mention that.

Why does our car have a brake pedal on the right side you ask? :oops:
my daughter is a Rural Mail Carrier,,,, kind of hard to put mail in the box from the left side of the car. :(

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Interstates didn't come with an antenna, so it won't have any instructions in the manual.

Sounds like you have a combination radio and CB antenna.
Just go to a place that sells tools and buy a set of hex wrenches.
Thanks! And you are right about the hex set which I'm assuming is metric.

Thanks,
Colin yung

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I to buy a set of Metric Hex Allen wrenches for our car's Right Hand Brake pedal height adjustment screw.
Turned out it was 8mm but no where in the manual of instructions that came with the RHD kit, does it mention that.

Why does our car have a brake pedal on the right side you ask? :oops:
my daughter is a Rural Mail Carrier,,,, kind of hard to put mail in the box from the left side of the car. :(
Thanks John!
Colin Young

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,617 Posts
the set that I found was at Bumper to Bumper Auto store.
it is in a very neat pliable plastic type holder that grasps on to each tool with a Death Wish, they will NOT fall out and get lost.

the one at Harbor Freight?
tools fall out everywhere, and now where is that 10mm hex wrench?

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the set that I found was at Bumper to Bumper Auto store.
it is in a very neat pliable plastic type holder that grasps on to each tool with a Death Wish, they will NOT fall out and get lost.

the one at Harbor Freight?
tools fall out everywhere, and now where is that 10mm hex wrench?
Thank you John!
Colin

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
725 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
I usually buy from HF when I need a tool I've never needed before and don't expect to ever need again.

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be careful with the HF ones. A lot of their tools are of poor quality and sizes are questionable. I bought a set f their torx drivers. None fit right.
I found my hex wrench set. The Allen wrench size is 2 mm. Althoght the head was striped. I'll be working on that one.

Thanks,
Colin

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
725 Posts
I found my hex wrench set. The Allen wrench size is 2 mm. Althoght the head was striped. I'll be working on that one.

Thanks,
Colin
You could try to use a torx bit and tap it into the stripped hole. maybe the next size up.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You can also try imperial sizes. Use good quality wrenches, and maybe sand a slightly oversize wrench to be a press fit to your stripped screw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts