Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES! that's great. Also the pockets . Holes and stuff in the faring. Thanks so much at least I know what the lights all are now.

·
Administrator
22,376 Posts
Pockets and holes? Not sure what all you mean. Left pocket gets a soft cover, right gets a hard cover. The holes down in the lower right side of the fairing are filled with compressor stuff on the Aspy and rubber plugs on the I. The hole up by the vent is a mystery. I don't think it had a use in the Aspy, but maybe on the LTD...?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have an Interstate? Or an Aspencade?

hondapartshouse.com has exploded parts drawings if you look up your bike. See attached for an '85 GL1200 Interstate for an example. This is the "1985 HONDA GL1200I A FAIRING POCKET" diagram. There are a couple different diagrams for this area of your bike. Often times, if you're looking for a part and it's no longer available from an OEM part site, I usually copy and paste the part number into google or ebay. Sometimes I can find what I need on the used market or even new from some random online site.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have an Interstate? Or an Aspencade?

hondapartshouse.com has exploded parts drawings if you look up your bike. See attached for an '85 GL1200 Interstate for an example. This is the "1985 HONDA GL1200I A FAIRING POCKET" diagram. There are a couple different diagrams for this area of your bike. Often times, if you're looking for a part and it's no longer available from an OEM part site, I usually copy and paste the part number into google or ebay. Sometimes I can find what I need on the used market or even new from some random online site.
I have an Interstate and I think I've got all the usual pockets on it but there must be some aftermarket piece that's been grafted onto the lower right side. it has 3 sort of dovetails that must have held something

·
Registered
36 Posts
No idea buddy. That panel is blank on my '87 Interstate. Judging by the two switches on that chrome plate, the previous owner might have had something rigged up in those spots but then removed them?

If I were you, I'd go to that site I suggested, and look up that diagram of your specific model to see if there's anything on that panel? At least that would tell you if anything might have been a factory option.

·
Registered
1985 Honda Goldwing Interstate
2 Posts
Hi,

I just purchased a 1985 GL1200 Interstate. It has not run in 10 years. I will be doing the usual things to start it up.

I am also just starting to research what is original on the bike and what may have been added on.

In regards to the round things there. No idea what those are about.

However, I have attached an image of my right fairing/control panel. I am wondering if that on/off switch as well as that flip switch have something to do with the air-compressor. Loooks line whatever those switches are, they were removed from your bike.

·
Administrator
22,376 Posts
The switches could be to accessory lighting or even a radiator fan. The round things are just plugs, and are stock. The bike didn't come with a compressor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts