Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

Do they make a left sided antenna bracket for a 1985 Interstate? My antenna bracket is mounted on the right side. They are not mirror images of one another, therefore not swappable.

Thank You in Advance for Any Help,
Colin Young
(7 miles west of Boston)

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,763 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually found something.
Hey, Thank You so much for responding so fast. I sent a question to the seller to see if it's the right or left side. I can't tell from the picture. But, you gave me hope knowing that you have a left mounted antenna bracket.

Much Appreciated!
Colin Young

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your feeling on whether it's a left or right side. I can't determine if that was mounted on the left side would the antenna angle be pointing toward the back of the motorcycle. If it were the incorrect side the antenna would be angled toward the front of the motorcycle. I tried enlarging the view but I still couldn't decide. I'm not doubting you. But, help me out. What makes you so sure that this hardware is a left mound. And please bear with me. I'm not doubting you. I value your opinion.

Thanks Again!
Colin Young

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
other than the Vertical appearance, it won't make any difference in the operation.
Hi John,

I know it won't affect the operation, but it would not agree with the contour of the bike. I think it would look terrible. You sign off with Indian Territory, what state are you in?

Thanks,
Colin

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
He’s north of tulsa

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,481 Posts
Hi John,

I know it won't affect the operation, but it would not agree with the contour of the bike. I think it would look terrible. You sign off with Indian Territory, what state are you in?

Thanks,
Colin
guess you did not note the Oklahoma State Flag?
and Oologah is well known to Google Maps :)
and just about all of the land around me is on one of the Indian Reservation areas.... no way to tell where they start, or stop, except to look at an Indian Territorial map.

I use it to denote respect for my neighbors.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,763 Posts
Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your feeling on whether it's a left or right side. I can't determine if that was mounted on the left side would the antenna angle be pointing toward the back of the motorcycle. If it were the incorrect side the antenna would be angled toward the front of the motorcycle. I tried enlarging the view but I still couldn't decide. I'm not doubting you. But, help me out. What makes you so sure that this hardware is a left mound. And please bear with me. I'm not doubting you. I value your opinion.

Thanks Again!
Colin Young
Figuring the mount is vertical, and the (antenna to the left) is angled backward.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Parts Fisch doesn’t show one that I could find.
I found how it mounts,it bolts to the front side of the mount.so it’s left side.
you can see it here

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Figuring the mount is vertical, and the (antenna to the left) is angled backward.
Mounted left side and angled backwards is what I'm looking for. Dennis, I'm going to put my faith in your words and order this bracket from ebay.
Denis,

I think you and I are on the same page. If the bracket is mounted on the left side, I want the antenna to lean toward the back of my bike. I just went to my service manual, under Accessories, but the drawing of the antenna mount is not shown clearly enough. If my memory serves me correct and looking at the right side of my bike, I thought the mounting part leaned toward the front while the antenna part leaned toward the rear. So, almost like 2 opposing angles. It's nearly 12 am in Boston right now. But, tomorrow I'll go out and look at my right side mounted antenna and hopefully get back to you tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and help!

Much Appreciated!
Colin

·
Registered
1980 Goldwing - Standard
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Parts Fisch doesn’t show one that I could find.
I found how it mounts,it bolts to the front side of the mount.so it’s left side.
you can see it here
Now see, I thought my right sided bracket mounted from the back side, not the front. I'll look sometime tomorrow. thanks for getting back.

Colin

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Here’s my 85,I don’t recall where I got my left side but both had cb antennas on them ?
?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts