Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was just cruizin' the local stuff to keep myself abreast what is out there.

This one showed up in the search for 'goldwing'.

I've never ridden one of these bikes, but it is a nice looker.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/930440160.html

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I am curious to know what they used for a 6cyl. A friend of mine rides the Suzuki version, but its a V-twin (1400 I think).

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Try getting parts for that.............

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I couldnt imagine finding parts for like, what a 3 year run, 20+ year old bike.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Before I bought my first wing, I had a chance to buy the Suzuki version for a great price and turned it down, for that very reason.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Like I said, I know nothing of it, or it's length of manufacturing run. Only 3 years? Nah, don't think so.

That is the very reason that when I do find something I want, it will get previewed here first :grinner:

I don't need a hidden gotcha in my closet.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

A lot of years ago, a freind of mine had that exact same model. As I remember, it was a in line engine like most all the older kawwies were. I was a heck of a lot stronger back then, ( body building ) and it was all I could do to hold it up as it was so top heavy.:baffled::baffled::baffled::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

Those used the 1300cc in line 6 cyl. kz motor I believe. It was fed with 3 large cv type carbs.They were water cooled and most were very strong runners. Now if you had one that had a problem you were in trouble. I worked on several of them and most of the owners resented buying them.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

da_bull wrote:
I am curious to know what they used for a 6cyl. A friend of mine rides the Suzuki version, but its a V-twin (1400 I think).
Madura 1200 V4 smaller version was the 700 couple of 1200s in the uk along with the Venture royal 1200 think suzi did make some large V twins too in later years

http://www.lk3000.com/madura/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.