Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All,

The Automatic Level Control Display on my 1985 LTD Goldwing reads "EEE", does anyone know what this indicates?

Thanks,

stuby27

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

According to the 1985GL1200L supplementalmanual (page 12-4) you may have to, "check solenoid valve, RHC unit, and air pump relay coupler terminals for poor contact."

Sounds like you could use a manual, a multimeter, or a friend who will chase down this issue in exchange for a favorite beverage-or six. If you aren't lucky enough to only have a bad connection, then you probably have a short circuit somewhere in the system.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Welcome Stuby to our great forum. If you would give us the area you live in there is likely a few members that could probably help you. I don't know myself but I do know a few in my area that knoe that bike. :waving: :)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Long and Hawkeye for the reply. I have two manuals and I found out that I will need the multimeter to do some ground and voltage checks. I do have access to the multimeter, so will see what I come up with.After searching the internet and reveiwing the manual, it appears that there could be about 6-8 different reasons and not necessarly a common reason.

I am in South Texas area Corpus Christi, and yes we have some cold ones and good barbecue for bribes, lol.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Had the same type of problem with my "new" 85LTD. So did the 2PO's. Put an new battery in it, as the old one had been boiled dry by poor/lack of maintenance and everything works fine.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Owners manual: "If the dispay shows an E or several E's, that means the built in self diangnosing function has detected either an electrical or pressure malfunction in the system. ride cautiously to nearest authorized Honda dealer." or do it yourself,with the expert help from the folks here. Owners manual: " Air pressure check and adjustment cannot be made while either brake is being applied." This has caused EEE to display on mine.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
imported post

Hi, Having owned 3 LTDs I thought that was a built in feature! LOL. I found that removing the right dash cover and unplugging the connector helped for a while. Also ensuring the battery was fully charged helped also.
Derek

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks Derek, I will try that before I go into the line diagram checks with the multi-meter.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Good day , new member, this must be the bane of the LTD, just a 1200LTD had be sitting for 5 years, found grease in switches bad. fixed that, the original unit gave displayed "EEE", bought a second unit off E-bay this one gave "E" which to believe. Does anyone have a In a NEC (who made the controller for Honda) or Honda to get a schematic for this D*** unit, somebody has to have one. Does any one other than Honda repair this part? Thanks

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
imported post

Mine turned out to be a bad controller for the air suspension system. I bought two, both off of ebay. The first one I bought, the guy garrantteed (spell much) it would work and it did. Bought it for $49.00 used. Took a chance and picked up another for a spare, got it for 99 cents, it also worked. I also cleaned out my air pressure system. I removed all the moisture and oil out of it and dried the silicagel in the compressor filter and everything works perfect. The main problem was the controller. If you get a used controller, make sure you get the same model you have now. The model number is on the controller it self, you have to remove the controller from the boot. The different models look the same on the outside, they are not interchangeable. I got lucky with mine as you know how things go with buying off of ebay. I bought a lot of stuff for my 1986 SE-i from ebay, I found 4 guys on there that were really good to deal with. I bought my SE-i this past summer, it had a lot of little things wrong with it but I got it all fixed up nice now. What a great bike it turned out to be. I bought it cheap to fix it up and sell it but I looks like I might be hanging on to it, it is a real pleasure to drive and ride. I can ride that thing all day long, it's like a cadilac on two wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.