Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone: Well being new here and all , this form is the greatest. I have done everything to my 86 1200 to bring it up to snuff. One day I was driving along in OD comming up to a light and the bike would only down shift to 4th...long story short it's stuck. I went to this form and did everything that other people did. rebilt clutch slave ...blead the system, still stuck in gear. all the rocking did not do a thing, starting while sitting on the bike and letting the clutch in and out still nothing. I asked a tech at a goldwing shop in livonia michigan and he seems to think the trans is shot:shock:Any ideas ???? sorry for long post. thanks

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

You could try pulling the front engine cover first and check the selectors, but it really sounds like an internal gear problem.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Very possibly a bent shift-fork, or even the syncronisers between 3rd/4th. Are you using the Heel/Toe shifter set-up with floor-boards? If so it could be as simple as a linkage adjustment.

If you do a search through the Tech section, a member by the name of "GAMBLER" did a great post/pictoral on a 1200 engine rebuild. My biggest nightmare is having to split the engine cases to get to the tranny, but that is the worst case senario... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hay Guys: well first goldwing and 1/2 hour of riding....my luck........I will shoot for the front end and I will check my honda manual. I took off my floor boards so I can grab my shifter in one hand and clutch in the other while it is on the jack,(secure of course). Thanks for your quick responce, I will fill you in on my progress and if I will be keeping or parting out. thanks agian

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

update: tore into the front cover and the positive stopper fell out ....broke in half, will order new and will update later.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Very possibly a bent shift-fork, or even the syncronisers between 3rd/4th. Are you using the Heel/Toe shifter set-up with floor-boards? If so it could be as simple as a linkage adjustment.

If you do a search through the Tech section, a member by the name of "GAMBLER" did a great post/pictoral on a 1200 engine rebuild. My biggest nightmare is having to split the engine cases to get to the tranny, but that is the worst case senario... :gunhead:
Syncronizers?:shock:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

In the goldwing manual they call it positive stopper,it goes around shift drum,thats why I was stuck in gear, the stopper broke in half. going to check spring and stopper arm and order parts today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.