Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Went out for the 1st ride of the season today and was left stranded on the side of the road.

New battery installed before the ride, and she did start a little "hard". After that, ran just fine. I rode for about 45 minutes, shut it off for a quick meal, and when I came out of the restaurant, the bike refused to start.

Turns over very strong, but it would not start.

Called a friend with a trailer and waited for about an hour. Just as he arrived, I tried it one more time, and it started. Ran good too. I drove it to the Honda shop and left it.

Before I get the story of "We dont know whats wrong with your bike, but we can fix it for $600" from the Honda shop, I was hoping to get some ideas from the peanut gallery as to what could possibly be causing this starting problem.

The bike has relatively low miles and has been very well maintained. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dan

· Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Just to clarify, the engine would crank over when the starter button was pushed, but it would not start. I dont think it would be the starter. Also, if the fuse is bad, would the bike even turn over at all?

1 - 2 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.