Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am a newbie here and I made a post I think in the wrong place. So here I go again. Is the seat adjustable on the 1986 aspencade. Looks like more room behind the seat, maybe 3 inches. I am 6-4 and as where the seat is now I could not ride it and operate the brake and gear shift.
If the stator was going to go bad, do you think it would have done so in 69,000 miles?
The battery is dead and so not able to start. Could it be jump started with one of the 17amp hr jumpers from wallwort? The asking price is 2,700 dollars. Man says it has had regular service and his word is all there is to go on. Course I have heard that song and dance before and had to pay for it. Just looking for a little info and advice before I go back to look at it again. Thanks in advance for any help.

oldmanonavtx

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Take your left lid off your saddle bag and you should see a lever on the side of the seat. There is 3 positions. I think you can move a total of 3 inches front to rear. Welcome to the forum:waving:

Hard to say on the stator, if you can get the bike started, check it with a volt meter to see what your getting. Also,when you have the cover off the battery side, look and see if there is a white plug just to the foward side of the battery. It will have 3 wires going to it. If the plug is there, disconnect and see if it shows signs of getting real hot, brittle. If the plug is not there, and the wires have been soldered together, you will be in better shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.