Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone replaced there stock radio with a am/fm cd radio and is there any special mounting bracket neede?Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
imported post

Can't help with replacement but if I had the Panasonic Type III and it ws at all repairable, I'ld send it to Sierra Electronics and let them work their magic.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I do have the panasonic and it works fine but I wanted to get the cd player and maybe a little better sound.Any suggestions?Thank you,Brian

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I went aftermarket on mine (Kenwood deck and Boston speakers), I just ripped out all the cb and amp stuff that was there originally and made a new wiring harness. I did kind of a crappy install, but I'll be cleaning it up next week with a mounting rig I got from sierra.

If you want to keep the cb/intercom system, I know there are after market systems you can get, shouldn't be too hard to set up, just kind of pricey. But with my new system I can hook up my iPod and actually hear the music clearly at 65mph (actually 80 is about normal cruising speed, but who's counting)

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

briflr, I have not found an in dash CD player that ever worked well in a motorcycle. Even Honda had bad luck getting a changer to work well on the 1800. We have had the best luck with the Audiovox FM100A mentioned earlier. I definitely would retain the Panasonic radio as you would loose the intercom, ability to hear the sound system in the headset, and the ability to use an OEM CB, as well as $500 to $1000 dollars in value if OEM stereo is removed.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

+1 on MP3

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

blackknytecnc wrote:
I went aftermarket on mine (Kenwood deck and Boston speakers), I just ripped out all the cb and amp stuff that was there originally and made a new wiring harness. I did kind of a crappy install, but I'll be cleaning it up next week with a mounting rig I got from sierra.

If you want to keep the cb/intercom system, I know there are after market systems you can get, shouldn't be too hard to set up, just kind of pricey. But with my new system I can hook up my iPod and actually hear the music clearly at 65mph (actually 80 is about normal cruising speed, but who's counting)
I don't have problems listening to the stock system at 80mph maybe your AVC had quit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.