Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys, I have read the honda manual to repair the cylinder, I looked at it and where it is and I kinda feel that there ismore to it than what is in the manual.

FYI: I don't have a lift to raise the bike up off the ground so is it as simple as stated in the manual? Does anyone have any tips that could make this an easy job? Anything to look out for that would cost many hours of time and frustration.

ANY informatin would great.

Thanks

Snowman

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
imported post

Snowman I had to rebuild mine and I didnt have a lift also. If you put it on the centerstand you can access it. I used a (and dont quote me on the size because its been awhile) 8mm ratcheting wrench to get at the bolts and make it easier. Its a little bit of a snug fit under there but it can be done. They didnt give us a whole lot of room behind the engine but its doable with some patience. The previous owner of my 1200 hadnt changed the clutch and brake fluids probably in at least 10 years ,so I had brown jellied brake fluidin the slave and master. The bad part was that because of what he didnt do caused corrosion in the cylinder of the slave due to the moisture forming on the metal under the brown jellied clutch fluid. So I had no choice as to rebuild it. To bleed the unit after I rebuilt it I used a Mityvac to get it bled and it took a bit to get it bled.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
imported post

It's easy and most of the seals / rings are the same as those in a 1500s slave. I compared part nos. once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.