Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings all.My brother just bought ana 86 ASPY with the preverbial erratic idle and slow throttle response at lower RPM's. I am trying to resolve a problem for him. The computer indicates a bad TPS with W steady and 0 + 1 flashing.The FUEL SYSTEM light is ON STEADY . I have read many forum subject post regarding this matter and still cant seem to isolate the cause after throwing many parts and hours at the problem. I am seeking wisdom, guidance and experience from you wingers out there who have been down this same road. This is a long post so bear with me.

PARTS REPLACED OR SUBSTITUTED:

TPS sensorreplaced with a used sensor thatchecked to specs. Reference voltage and return Voltages back to the computer were good. Smooth resistance operation and voltage increase/decrease were smooth and within specs. 3 pin connector male and female replaced. DISCONNECTED TPS 3 PIN CONNECTOR AND STILL GET SAME ECU CODE

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR NEW ONE ( AFTER MARKETPR31 )

pbl/pbr swapped with each other and a pair of used ones that I purchased. Vaccum lines to the sensors were replaced.

gl/gr replaced with a new set

NS sensor replaced with NEW / Modified from 85 LTD

ECU SWAPPED: Both ECU's display the same code when the ignition is FIRST switched to ON. Engine NOT Running.

NEW PLUGS

NEW NON-ETHANOL FUEL

Cone filter cleaned at fuel pump inlet

Previous owner had the throttle bodies sync'ed, Modified TPS installed ( I replaced with a used one ) fuel filter replaced, New orings for injector 1, cleaned and tested all injectors, greased all electrical connections on injection harness , compression checked the bike, all GOOD, replaced all exhaust gaskets.

I suspect an electrical signal problem somewhere in the injection harness as I get the code on both ECU's when the key is first turned on but not sure where to go from here. If the bike were running and pressures and flows were involved with the code displayed I obviously would have more to troubleshoot. Talk to me Honda SEI experts! What say ye? Thank you all

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome cal757[/align]

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:santawaving:Welcome to the greatest forum on the net:santawaving:

:santahat:Welcome from the "HOOSIER" state:santahat:
[/align]

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

WElcome to the Forum cal757! :waving:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]One Hundred Thousand Welcomes cal757 :claps:[/align]

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I recommend you post your question over in the technical section. Most of the gurus won't see it over here.

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Howdy from the great Northwest!!:waving::readit::readit::readit:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status