Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everybody. I'm new here. I just bought a 1986 SEI that has a travel computer that don't work. I need one. Can anybody tell me where to get one or sell me one. I don't mind paying a fair price but I don't want to be robbed. In advance--thanks for all your help and its nice being a member of this site.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi SVHD,

Welcome to the SS forums!

You should have posted your request in the FOR SALE / WANTED area. You will get noticed better there and may find what your looking for sooner.

If you search E-bay you may find a few but just take note of the names of the bike breakers there and contact them. Not all their stock is on E-bay.

I am sure that here will be a helpful Moderator come along soon and move this add for you.

Good Luck.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

SVHD-Welcome to the forum.

Send a PM to IRAQI RAM. He had one off an 85 LTD earlier this year and may still.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I see four listed on ebay right now. Range in price from $222 to $275 on buy it now. One is at $125 with no buy it now price and about six days left in the auction.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I bought one from williescycle.com a few years ago. It didn't look very good cosmetically and the rubber boot was torn on the little joy stick. I took it apart and got the circuit board out of it and changed it out with my old one which was in good shape appearance wise. Worked great and was still on the bike when I sold it last year. I think I paid about $175 for it but that was about 10 years ago.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I don't think the SEI and LTD trip computers are interchangeable are they?

mine works great, but cosmetically could be better and I have been looking in case one comes up cheap. There was a SEI that came up last week ($79)but there was something different about it that didn't work with the LTD, Don't recall what I had read, but maybe someone will jump in that knows.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I don't think the SEI and LTD trip computers are interchangeable are they?

mine works great, but cosmetically could be better and I have been looking in case one comes up cheap. There was a SEI that came up last week ($79)but there was something different about it that didn't work with the LTD, Don't recall what I had read, but maybe someone will jump in that knows.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I thought they were interchangable. Don't know what you read that made you think they were not.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

the TC's are interchangeable,its pretty hard to find one that has a good rubber gasket on the fader switch though,the faces are usually sun faded too

alot of the problems with the tc's are related to the power connectors,try holding in on the cables while looking at the display,numerous problem result from disconnecting the cables by pulling on the wires and not the connector itself

from what i've seen i believe the ltd's came with a dark face panel and the sei's were more of a light color,have one dark one and several that are faded

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.