Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/1061111579.html

1986 HONDA GOLD WING - $6000 (PERRYSBURG)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-05, 2:01AM EST

UP FOR SALE IS TRUE SURVIVOR, A GL1200 GOLD WING ASPENCADE WITH 4057 MILES ON IT. THATS NOT A MISS PRINT. THIS BIKE IS BEAUTIFUL. ONE OWNER STORED IN A HEATED GARAGE. NO DINGS, DENTS, OR SCRAPES. NEVER LAYED DOWN. IT STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL TIRES AND THEY ARE NOT DRY ROTTED. IT COMES WITH ALL THE TRAVEL BAGS, ORIGINAL COVER(NEVER USED), AM/FM CASS PLAYER. AIR RIDE, EVERYTHING WORKS. I'M LISTING IT FOR THE 73 YEAR OLD WHO OWNS IT. YOU CAN TALK DIRECTLY TO HIM. HEALTH PROBLEM FORCES SALE. SERIOUS CALLS ONLY PLEASE. THANK'S, BOB 716-796-4905

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Do I smell a rat??? If not it seems way over priced to me...Because setting for that many years, we all know that even if the tires look new...They are dry rotted, and its going to need a carb re build, timing belts, battery, fuel tank clean out, plus all new filters and oil change...... None of this is "cheap" either, I figure about $1000.00 just to make it run..Your thoughts????

Claude.....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

Yep, IF and that is IF, it truly sat all that long, the original tires will be cracked and probably not holding air too well.

As you mentioned, a full up rebuild of everything to get fuel to go through it again, seals bad, water pump leaking, radiator most likely rotted from setting with the same fluid in it all the time.

Not good.

More and definitely reliable info is needed for someone to make a buying decision on that one.

Won't be me, that's for sure.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I agree. It will need a lot of work. I was just amazed at the low mileage. It is a shame that it was not ridden more. And yes, they are ASKING way too much for it. People think because it isn't used it is better when it is actually worse. At that mileage it wouldn't even be all broken in. What a shame.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

I bought a 84 last spring total OEM bike with 14,000 mile 1200 aspencade limted all i did was change oils cleaned air filters and light bulbs fixed the on broad air pump becaue of mice nesting and eating wires in the compresser comparment and road over 10.000 miles, the bike is areal head turner I have all paper work with the original bill of sale, that year the bike was sold new for $6000. before riding this year i'll change timimg belts, sneakers and fuilds the sator checks out fine. and love the attention the bike gets because it looks brand new. it a real find to find a bike like that. it was stored right. so the price is ??? good luck and happy riding.

Dale

:action:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I guess your one of the lucky ones, all the others are posting requests for help on the forum :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.