Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hey everyone, quick question. My 86 Interstate has chrome racks on all the side trunks as well as the back trunk and even on the two side body panels. Was this a stock thing or add ons ? Thanks, Bryan S

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Those were probably add-ons, Bryan.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Bryan, They are definatly add ons. Stock had no rails anywhere.;);););););):cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Wow, well ok then now i have to figure out if i like them or not. btw- i will post my first pics of the bike in the next day here. thanks, Bryan

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Bryan S wrote:
Wow, well ok then now i have to figure out if i like them or not. btw- i will post my first pics of the bike in the next day here. thanks, Bryan
Unfortunately if you don't like them, they will leave holes behind when you remove them. :(

John

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Bryan S wrote:
Unfortunately if you don't like them, they will leave holes behind when you remove them. :(

John
If you do take them off, go to a local truck stop and get the plastic tabs with chrome snap on tops. put a small screw through the plastic part, bolt on bottom and chrome cap on top. Looks ok, and beats holes. One of the members here did it to a 1200 after removing rails. I'll see if I can find the pic and post it for you to look at.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Here it is......doesn't look THAT bad:)

Attachments

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Looks a lot better than those stupid rails IMHO. ;)

John

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

I didnt realize they were after market. My 83 interstate has them as well and I think it looks alot better with them on there.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

rubber side down wrote:
I didnt realize they were after market. My 83 interstate has them as well and I think it looks alot better with them on there.
Yeah, it's a personal taste thing. If people didn't like them, they wouldn't be on so many bikes. I just personally don't like them.

John

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

yes i think i will keep them on for a while and see if i like them or not. I will have pics for you guys to see tomorrow. thanks, Bryan S

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
Here it is......doesn't look THAT bad:)
Who's bike is that? looks awesome for an old 1200. I'd like to see how that Wing Leader drivers back rest is mounted is why i asked. At least from that angle it looks like a Wing Leader back rest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.