Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm a newbie here and I don't know if I'm posting in the right section or not but here goes... I just bought a 1986 SEI that has a travel computer that don't work. I need one. Can anybody tell me where to get one or sell me one. I don't mind paying a fair price but I don't want to be robbed. In advance--thanks for all your help and its nice being a member of this site....

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Have you ...checked ALL electrical connections to that thing first. May be there is nothing wrong with it other than that.

"New to you" older GL's and electrical problems almost go hand-in-hand.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

+1 to what CaptainMidnight85 said, what's the computer doing to make you think it's bad?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

It don't work and a portion of the bottom of the screen appears to be messed up.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Those things come pretty dear, I bought a nonworking used one when I had my SEI and managed to put make one good one out of the pair. The current price on that one on eBay is very good if it stays that low, they used to go for around $500 for working ones. If your screen is bad I don't think you'll be able to do much other thanreplace the unit or that part of it. Most of the computer is modular, you can unplug three or four modules and replace them one at a time to trouble shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Yeah, yer prolly boned. But if you put the new one in and it still doesn't work come back on here and someone should be able to help you track down the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.