Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Seeking sources for a fuel pump. Honda is a bust. All inquires state '87 pump is unique and cannot replace with alternate year. Is this true? Sooo tired of looking at Wing instead of riding.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hello Hogrockerand welcome to the forum :waving:. I always thought all the GL1200 pumps were interchangeable, just shows how wrong a fellow can be. One of the GL1200 guys will be able to clarify this later.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Hogrocker :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

like above, I thought they were all the same, however, even if they are not, unless you have an se1 or soemthing, I wouldn't think they would be THAT different

btw, where is shaneetoen?

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

I too was under the impression that they were interchangeble. Except for the injected modles,(fuel pressure requirements). Some guys on the board have even used smaller electric automotive pumps.

I posted a link to an on-line parts reference for Goldwings, but I can't seem to get it to work lately. You should consider the on-line aftermarket such as Bike-Bandit and others. www.goldwinginfo.com

Or you can check into the salvage yards, either way sorry to leave you hanging. Hopefully some others may have some better ideas. "Good Luck" :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
There are three different part numbers for the 84-87 A/I's GL1200's

16700-ML8-751 PUMP ASSY,FUEL $634.99

16700-MG9-771 PUMP ASSY.FUEL $138.99

16700-MG9-005 PUMP ASSY,FUEL $128.99

In my quick search, I found for an '87 GL1200I

16700-MG9-771 Available from Honda $138.99

If your local dealer can't help you, try these guys.

http://www.powersportspro.com/

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

So, let me ask a dumb question. Could a small electric fuel pump intended for cars be used?
The stock pump on my '85 mounts out for everyone to see, but I would be tempted to find a more "out of sight" spot to mount it. I think the pump is pulsed from the left coil (?), or maybe that's where the power comes from.
It may still power an auto pump OK.(?)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
Hey rcmatt007 :stumped: Do you not know all the towns and villages in your little country. :stumped: Gee i know all the little villages on the Island where i live. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
like above, I thought they were all the same, however, even if they are not, unless you have an se1 or soemthing, I wouldn't think they would be THAT different

Hey you have the god damn thing spelt wrong, :whip: thats why you cant find it. It's spelt like this "Shawneetown" :clapper:

:crying::18red::crying:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

johnmac wrote:
So, let me ask a dumb question.
Hey johnmac :leprechaun: There is no such thing on this forum as a "Dumb Question"

The only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked. :bash:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
rcmatt007 wrote:
Hey rcmatt007 :stumped: Do you not know all the towns and villages in your little country. :stumped: Gee i know all the little villages on the Island where i live. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

reminds me of the Germnan tourist I met one time.... first was seeing new york city, then the grand canyon, Yosemite, and then yellowstone from a rented RV... when I asked how long of a vaction he was taking, he said, "oh I have a week to do it in... do you think that is too much time?"

wish to visit your island some day, have spent time in the northern (scottish) half of the other... btw me mother were a downey

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

If you want to experiment with a auto type fuel pump, make darn sure you get one with a low pressure. I believe I read where someone suggested like 3-5 PSI max. Too much pressure on the system and you'll have a replica of Old Faithful in your carbs.

Raymond

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
wish to visit your island some day, btw me mother were a downey
Hey rcmatt007 :waving: You will be more than welcome to our Island. :clapper:Hey what the hell is a downey. :stumped:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey rcmatt007 :waving: You will be more than welcome to our Island. :clapper:Hey what the hell is a downey. :stumped:

No Downeys' over there.... geeze and all these years I have been in love with Roma Downey... (liked her better in leather on the Hercules tv show though)

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

reminds me of the Germnan tourist I met one time.... first was seeing new york city, then the grand canyon, Yosemite, and then yellowstone from a rented RV... when I asked how long of a vaction he was taking, he said, "oh I have a week to do it in... do you think that is too much time?"

I heard an apt description of the difference between Americans and Europeans; They think 200 miles is a long distance and we think 200 years is a long time.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Ruaidh :leprechaun: I see you hail from Salt Lake City. :clapper:Is that where the cowboys live. :stumped:

Yes, Redwing, we do have a lot of them around here. As deeply embedded as we get into the technology end of things right here in the city the rest of the state is still extremely rural. It's not uncommon to see people riding horses and working farms and ranches, although more and more it is getting automated and the small family farms are going away. Some of the more rural area still have kids riding horses to school.

Cattle rustling is still a major crime although they don't typically ride off into the night with a herd on horseback. Nowadays the thieves take a whole herd by truck and trailer.

Beautiful state, lots of wonderful riding, any type you are looking for from long, straight flats to twisty mountain canyons. Lots of camping and fishing opportunities and the best skiing in the world. We had so much snow this past winter that we have a couple of ski resorts that were staying open for the 4th of July weekend this year. (National holiday for us...)

Ruaidh

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.