Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1987 Goldwing Interstate has inoperative turn signal flashers. When either one is selected the light comes on but does not flash. Hazard flashers work OK. I also hear what sounds like a buzzing noise just behind the battery and under the seat when the turn signal is engaged. Read where it could be the auto cancel being unplugged or a bad flasher relay. If so where are they located and how do you get to them. Any suggestions. Posted by TOS.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
bad grounds or bad bulbs in any part of the circuit can cause turn signals not to work,the flasher is located either side of the tank support bolt under the seat,one either side in a bracket,cant remember which is turn signal and which one is hazard flasher,make sure its not a bulb first because those flasher new are about $60 from honda

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
turn signals

the flasher works from resistance from the bulb and the flasher,combined. if the bulb is out, then there is not enough resistance to accuate flasher. ie check your bulbs and their ground.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Gosh, now I'm confused.
If the bulb burns out, it flashes faster. If you install an LED, it flashes faster because there isn't enough resistance. So now we check bulbs for a flasher that comes on but doesn't flash?

·
I think I was wrong once!
393 Posts
Gosh, now I'm confused.
If the bulb burns out, it flashes faster. If you install an LED, it flashes faster because there isn't enough resistance. So now we check bulbs for a flasher that comes on but doesn't flash?
I too don't understand why to check for bad ground or bad bulb. I would say it's a bad flasher relay, if lighting works, hazards flashers work, then ground and bulbs should be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.