Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi there ...new to forum...I've got a 1987 Gl1200 Aspencade....goldwing..I rode it from Vancouver Island , B.c. to Brandon Manitoba back in 2009. Ran like a top..but electrical probs..soon overtook me..I replaced stator with alternator.....new serpinteen belt, fan/fan switch, new starter...but now something in wiring has gon wrong...local back yarders say needs new electrical harness.. I don't know and am just about to start research...hench my membership here.. Hope I get to talk to alot of you...lol

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum :waving:

Now pull up a chair and make yourself at home :applause:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the welcome...I was also trying to sign up with the Wind Therapy Riders. Does anyone here know how to accomplish this as the sign up page has been disabled yet, they say that new members are welcome???

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Howdy Edge
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you are having some issues with the wiring.
What is actually happening, issues? Wires melting, which ones? We need detailed info.
Are the extra lights and electical accessories added to your bike? If so how are the connected to the system.

Yes you can replace the wire harness, getting one that hasn't been cut into might be hard but watch ebay, be sure and ask the seller questions such as there any cuts, splices, taps into and such before buying.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Also at the top of the for sale wanted section, there is a list of places selling used GW parts. Again be sure and ask questions before you buy unseen.

Another option is fixing your wiring if not real bad.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Edge. Please tell us the specifics of the your problem. There are very knowledgeable people in this forum that will certainly try to help you.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome Edge[/align]

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

welcome:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

welcome to the forum from mid md/pa area

what seems to be the problem with your wiring?

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Welcom Egde to the bestest GW forum on the net from Canad's west coast. PM sent. Angela:waving::waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Texas. This is a great site and many fine folks here to help you.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

First thing.... check out the main fuse holder plug on the right side of the battery for burning and corrosion.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

I am putting a complete main harness into the mail for him today. I have had this for some time & was purchased from Whitey's & is like new with low milage. He mention that one of the steelers had mentioned that his harness was in bad shape so I offered him the one I got.(gratis) This forumhas helped me both by assistance, support & most recently financially and I stongly believe in"Pay it Back" & have done so many times. If mine ever gives up I will just get another. Angela:action::action::action:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

:claps:

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
imported post

Way to go Angela. :claps:

JD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts