Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I've been all over the web looking for instructions on how to remove the stock radio "panasonic" from my 87 Interstate. I'm replacing it with an aftermarket CD player and new speakers, but I can't get that Bugger Out!! Please Help!!!

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I need help. I've been all over the web looking for instructions on how to remove the stock radio "panasonic" from my 87 Interstate. I'm replacing it with an aftermarket CD player and new speakers, but I can't get that Bugger Out!! Please Help!!!
Dont you have the key hole in the clock ? You put your key in and turn it and pull the radio out, to pull all the other stuff out the windshield and headlight have to come off.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
Get a new key made by the code, not a copy of the one you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I thought of that Idea about having a replacement key made. And if that doesn't work, well, there's always Channel Locks, hehe. I'd prefer not to destroy anything.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kschild09
Is this a new bike to you? If so? A previous owner may have put a different radio in with another lock?
Do you know it's history fully?
Does your key work all the other locks?
Do you have more than 1 key?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. my key wont turn the clock lock. Works everywhere else. I dont have any PO history. I went to local dealer and they said all they could do was make a new key from my old one. Were they just being lazy? Either way I need to get it out to check and clean the contacts because I cannot tune the radio even after cleaning the handlebar switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.