Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a chance to bid on a 1987 Aspy that has front end damage low miles on it My question is will the running gear work on my 85 Aspy that is motor& tranny and is the wiring set up the same are there enough parts that I can swap to make it worth while.If the frame is not bent which years have the same front ends?Thanks in advance.

Ride With Pride!

TJ859.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

TJ859 wrote:
I have a chance to bid on a 1987 Aspy that has front end damage low miles on it My question is will the running gear work on my 85 Aspy that is motor& tranny and is the wiring set up the same are there enough parts that I can swap to make it worth while.If the frame is not bent which years have the same front ends?Thanks in advance.
I believe the front end from the 85 will fit the 87. The fairing lowers are a bit different, the radiator air outlets are different but I think they will interchange. As far as I know the frame is basically the same, wiring pretty much similar too. I believe the main mechanical difference is the rear drive was improved on the 1987 though they remained interchangeable. Hang on a bit there should be others here who know the details.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks exavid for the quick reply I have a few days before the action happens.

TJ859.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I believe there are some differences in the engine internals too, but that shouldn't matter for your application.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

I can't see you having a problem with this at all. Practically everything is swabbalble between the two years.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the reply Mr1200 thats the info I was hoping to get the bike is at a local auto wrecker he will be actioning it off soon he figures with the interest he has had the bike will go high $1800 Canadian or more I'm going to put in a bid don't know quite how much yet Thanks again P.S. nice Ride .

Ride With Pride! TJ859

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.