Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the bike torn down to do the throttle "A" cable change. Since I am here I am going to change the "B" cable as well. I notice they route the "B" cable under the air filter box. Is there a problem with rerouting the "B" cable so as not to have to take off the air filter box to change the cable? The only problem I see is there may be more of a bind on the cable at the junction switch. This will be the last maintenance I do on this bike so i am thinking of the next owner.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
If you tie a piece of string to one end of the old cable before you pull it out, then you can tie it to the new cable and pull that through without removing the box.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thought but I pulled on the "B" cable and it won't move so I guess I have to take off the air box. But back to my original question would there be a problem if I rerouted the cable?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
This may not be the answer you want but I asked a similar question awhile back when I replaced both cables re. routing. The answers really confirmed routing the cable the way the manufacturer intended, the reason the cable is a specific length I guess. If you do decide to reroute it, perhaps make sure there is no binding of full left/right lock also. Made a huge difference to my bike with new cables, really surprised me.
Cheers,
Peter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.