Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the bike torn down to do the throttle "A" cable change. Since I am here I am going to change the "B" cable as well. I notice they route the "B" cable under the air filter box. Is there a problem with rerouting the "B" cable so as not to have to take off the air filter box to change the cable? The only problem I see is there may be more of a bind on the cable at the junction switch. This will be the last maintenance I do on this bike so i am thinking of the next owner.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thought but I pulled on the "B" cable and it won't move so I guess I have to take off the air box. But back to my original question would there be a problem if I rerouted the cable?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
This may not be the answer you want but I asked a similar question awhile back when I replaced both cables re. routing. The answers really confirmed routing the cable the way the manufacturer intended, the reason the cable is a specific length I guess. If you do decide to reroute it, perhaps make sure there is no binding of full left/right lock also. Made a huge difference to my bike with new cables, really surprised me.
Cheers,
Peter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.