Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

Hi all:)

I have an 88 1500. The tsb about the low speed drivability problem says if the parts to fix the low speed drivability broblem were installed, there should be an (X) stamped on the frame under the battery cover twards the front. Mine had the X but still bad hesitation and surging. Then I read on the forum someone had a 1200 with the same hesitation, cleaned the carbs, no difference. Took them off again and found a drillbit the same size as the needle jets and just reamed them out. No more hesitation. I did that( after having the carbs off on on 3 times) no more hesitation. The smallest needle jet I had to buy a set of tourch cleaning tips( I know your not suppose to do do this) and found one that fit and ran it through, then blew it out with compressed air. Nice and smooth now:action:The needle jets are so small its hard to believe gas can flow through them. Just my 2cents worth

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

don oller wrote:
I HAVE CHECKED FOR VAC. LEAKS TA SENSOR ,RUN SEA FOAM THRU SEVERAL TIMES CLEANED THE CARBS BY SPRAYING INTO TOP OF CARBS .WITH CARB CLEANER NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK BIKE HAS 97000 MILES ON IT .BEEN TOLD THAT SOME OF THE 88 WINGS HAD THIS PROBLEM . AND HONDA HAD A FIX BUT NO LONGER OFFERS IT .DOES ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT IT. THE IDLE STILLS GOES UP AND DOWN 500 RPM 900 TO 1500 RPM.
My experience ( which isn't much ) with sea foam, a little too much anyway will file out the plugs. You might want to check the plugs and clean them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.