Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello i have a 1988 gl1500 is what we call a grey import down here in australia

i had a few problems with it like carby flat spot on take off i have done most of them

now i put the trigger wheel that i had off my cf 1500 interstate got rid of the flat spot

i put an k and n filter on and toque master pipes , runs great now i tune engine and

syn carbys the only problem i have is when you start with choke on it sound s like

air or vacume leak when choke is off the bike is great i dont really have a problem with it would like to know if it is normal or not the other thing is i need to change coolant can you use car coolant ,

the trigger wheel i used was a 6" one seems to work good .

regards

simmo1961

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

That will be the K&N, they are known to be noisy and hiss on the 1500 with choke. It isn't anything to worry about.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks for the reply cant remenber if it was there before can you use car coolant in

the gl1500

regards simon

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Thanks GW, MY Wing made the same "choke on" noise, I spent some time looking for a vacuum leak, but now I know it's that K & N filter. It was on the bike when I bought it so I'll maintain it and use it. ;)

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

ME TO !!

I was thinking it was a vacuum leak also.

Hickey

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

simmo1961 wrote:
...can you use car coolant in

the gl1500

regards simon
Yes but make sure that it's Silicate-Free so it won't mess up the water pump or clog passages.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

All 1500s do that with the choke on k&N filter or not. That noise is coming from your secondery air supply tube.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
imported post

My 1989 makes the same noise. Thanks guys, one less thing to worry about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.