Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i was thinking of buying a 1988 goldwing , its a 1500 with 228.000 kilometres

is that a lot, will i need to be changing stuff on the motor, like water pumps, sensors ???

is it worth selling my 84 aspencade with 138.000 kilometres ???

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I bought my 88 about one year ago. Since then, I have replaced common items such as brakes, timing belt, filters, fuel pump, upgraded to the Compufire Alt.,and tires. The bike is a solid bike and the items I replaced are sommon items you might have to replace on any bike. I feel the owner of this bike could have done a better job, but still common items. Six cylinder, water cooled, alternator, and shaft driven. This thing will last forever. I have never ridden the 1200, but my friend, Snorebabe, is delighted with his upgrade to the six pack. My bike just passed over 105,000 miles and is running strong.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

There is no way to tell what part will pop on any bike but with more milage on it your chances get higher that you might be wrenching some stuff. Can you forcast how long you will ride this 1500 before you buy a new bike? Some riders rack up alot of miles per year and others dont. I run around 20,000 km per year So it would take me over 10 years to get to that mileage. You could plan on owning the wing until it hits 300,000 which could take you 8 years plus or minus.
How much does the seller want for his wing & what condition is it in? If it needs new rubber, you will spend between $300 & $500 for that alone.
If you can factor all that in, & the wing is running well than go for it! If the price is high without alot of proof of up keep than let it pass by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.