Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Goldwing with reverse problems. When going into reverse the R lite is on. When I mash the button the starter engages then quits, the R lite goes out and I have to recycle to get it to come back on. Was working fine but had a champion trike kit put on it now no reverse. Have checked all fuses, put on new A and B solenoids, Reverse switch located by the 65 amp fuse according to book still nothing can anyone help. also can't seem to get a honda dealer with a wiring picture for this bike and it does not match the books for a 90 to 2000,
thank you jd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red and Saw thank you for you post, have read the other post and looked through them. No welding just bolt on stuff. Found the two wires going to the resistor that use to be under swing arm backwards changed these around but still no reverse, am ordering the regulator that goes on right rear of bike looking from the back, will see if this helps. will post back when this comes in and let yall no again thank you so much for your replys,
JD Fincher

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back on line today and have checked all the fuses they are good, put on new regulator, checked handle switch and cables, all good there too, still same problem, all grounds are good, can unplug the single wire coming off the B solenoid and it will run longer than it did, have replaced the following things on bike just because it is a little older and I thought I should. regulator on left rear of bike, relay at end of 65 amp fuse, relay behind air pump on fender, A & B solenoids, Replaced both fuses at back of battery by B solenoid, 5 amp fuse in fuse box, and checked the diodes, rechecked all plugs in wireing. Don't no where to go from here an idea's would help. Thank You JD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The resistor turned out to be the bad part in my reverse problem. It is working great now. Thanks to all of you and your input it was my pleasure to talk with you and hear from you. This is one good place to come and am so glad I found it.
Thank You
JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.