Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hello everone. Ive had this bike a few years and it always idled good. the other day i was going to ride and when it started it was missing at idle. going down the road it runs better with a little choke on. I ran it a few times with sea fome but it didn't help.I checked it today and its missing onthe right side.# 1and # 3 are hitting a little # 5 is not hitting at all.please help.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

You need to pull your fuel filter and cut it open to see if it has disintegrated and debris gone down the carbs

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

i think my first thing to do would be to replace the plug and keep the fingers crossed

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks for the advice, the plugs are fireing good, no hissing sound, i sprayed a little carb cleaner around the vaccum hoses and carbs the motor didn't change. I WILL CHECK THE FUEL FILTER.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I got all the plastic off today. I found a big rat nest made out of insulation it also had a dead rat in it. I cleaned it all out and sprayed starter fluid all around carb, still no change in the motor. all three plugs on right side are firing but when I pull the plug wire some times it makes a little difference some times none. I sprayed a little starter fluid in the right carb and the motot rived up. Does it sound like the idle jet is stoped up? thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Do a carb sync one carb is pulling stronger than the other and please check the fuel filter as some of them have disintegrated and blocked the carbs on other guys i just want to eliminate it

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500balancecarbs.htm

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

go back to the rat nest, that is likely your problem, either stuff sucked in by the engine or a hole chewed in something whether it be a hose, the intake system or a wire

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

check the vacuume line from the petcock if it is slightly leaking that direction it will bleed fuel into that side and miss on that side...had one with this problem...oh and if rats in the cellar ...could be results of lotsa past meals.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

update, I sprayed carb cleaner all in the right carb, I let it set for a little bit and blowed it out with air. I started the motor and it ran lotts better. Idone a carb sync, it was out pretty bad. now it runs good. thanks for all the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.