5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I wish I had 4800, I would have been over there today and picked it up!;)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Quit doing that!!! You know you're just causing me so much pain when I don't have funds to grab that bike with!!

Man, it sure is purty!!

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

I wonder if he would trade even up for the wifes year old car .... the only question would be, can you live on a wing???

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You should stop teasing yourself Bill, that '84 is sweet enough and has all the bells and whistles you could ever wish for!!!:shock::action::action:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
You should stop teasing yourself Bill, that '84 is sweet enough and has all the bells and whistles you could ever wish for!!!:shock::action::action:
84?????:shock: What 84???? Mine is a 1985 Limited Edition!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

That year makes a BIG difference Pete, and your right I'm still playing with all the bells and whistles to see what they do, so far I haven't messed anything up bad enough to break out the manual or give Snorebaby a call:cooldevil::cooldevil:

You should send the funds for the 1500, I would be happy to go over and pick it up for you, and keep it stored so you would have it to ride when you and the Viking come over for visits:cool::action:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Yes it is a good looking rig.

Just think if some of that chrome was removed and sold, it could help pay for probably half of the asking price!!:D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
84?????:shock: What 84???? Mine is a 1985 Limited Edition!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

That year makes a BIG difference Pete, and your right I'm still playing with all the bells and whistles to see what they do, so far I haven't messed anything up bad enough to break out the manual or give Snorebaby a call:cooldevil::cooldevil:

You should send the funds for the 1500, I would be happy to go over and pick it up for you, and keep it stored so you would have it to ride when you and the Viking come over for visits:cool::action:
84/85.... let's not split hairs after all there is a time difference between you and me. :cheeky1:

If I had the funds, believe me, I would already have bought a bike out there to keep for annual trips over. Maybe SB didn't tell you that he and I came this close, to buying a 1500 in Florida whist we were with him last year. :doh:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

The bike is no longer for sale. I went to Birmingham this afternoon and bought it. It seems to be in pretty good shape and sure rides and handles better than my 1200.

Time will tell if I made a good purchase or not.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

jrr199 wrote:
The bike is no longer for sale. I went to Birmingham this afternoon and bought it. It seems to be in pretty good shape and sure rides and handles better than my 1200.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:Good deal! Hope you enjoy it.........did I forget to mention the brokerage fee??:cooldevil: I can e-mail on how to make payment to my paypal:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

jrr199 wrote:

Congratulations are in order then jrr199, I hope that your buying the bike was as a result of seeing her on here, and that Nightwizards efforts aren't all in vain!!!:)

Look forward to hearing all about your new ride and to seeing some pictures in the gallery.

:clapper::):clapper::)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Good deal!!! Now, how much for that pretty blue 1200????:action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

The 1200 will be for sale here in the next day or so. Hopefully someone will be interested. I need to get back some of the money I spent on the 1500.

Thanks are in order to Nightwizard for posting the ad. It saved me quite a bit of searching for a good bike.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Dumb question Detp:

Probably ridden for 40 years. This 85 Wing Aspincade is easly the largest beast I've ridden. Fantastic Ride :dude:
Not a mechanic:(

When getting used to it at some time leg go of the bars to see how stable it was.
About eight seconds hands free slowly drifted. With a little pratice could stear a little by shifting weight, about ten seconds......

Bout fifteen thousand miles later, locked throttle (not going vary fast, maby 40) to take off gloves and let go of handlebar for just a moment, bike ran over a mustard seed !! and front started shaking pretty bad ! Was surprised it was so stable before.

Ride with a chapter of the Southern Cruisers, heard someone mentioning front wheel occolation...(oh crap! no spel.check here!)

Does anyone KNOW what could cause the front wheel to go nuts with little provocation? Seemed fine previously. No abuse of bike involved. It's my baby !!
Old fart in Florida want ta know:cool:
Thanks
George

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Oh, by the way.
The guy in Atlanta I bought this bike from was HUGE! Nice helmets with cbmike and intercom WAYY TOO BIG. Any chance in the world someone might have a couple smaller ones for average humans without breaking the bank?
Where might I look?
Thanks
Ride Safe
GS

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

Could be tires cupping, my last set of dunlops developed a wobble near the end of

tread. Now use dyna beads to keep them balanced, seem to be working well.

George post this in the Technical forum you'll get more responses.

Ride safe

Ali

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.