Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay I'm new to the 1500. I just purchased a 1989 Goldwing and I'm aware that the bike has reverse. How do you do it? I pulled the lever out and lifted it up, nothing happens. I don't see the reverse light come on and pushing the start button, nothing happens. Is there an adjustment that may need to be done on the cables or someplace else?

Thanks Sharn

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Enginerunning

Tranny in neutral

Sidestand up

Reverse lever up

Push start button

Works for mine

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Went out today and it works. I now know how to back the beast up. This is a good time to say there are no stupid questions.

This forum rocks:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
Enginerunning

Tranny in neutral

Sidestand up

Reverse lever up

Push start button

Works for mine
Actually engine does not need to be running.
Since I have to roll start my 88 1500 I sometimes use reverse to back up a hill with engine off like in driveway here at home, then I roll to get started.

Good Idea to have the side stand up also, but not sure that's needed, I think I accidentally backed mine up before with it down but not sure.

One thing I found out 1 time also, if she lays over on the side reverse will not work till the key is turned off and back on!
I dropped mine once in the drive turning around in the dark and slipped on a rock, down she went.
Had me a little freaked out when I lifted her and my reverse would not work!
Then I rolled to start her, and she would not start either!
Turned the key off and back on and all was fine, backed up the hill again and she rolled and started right up.

Sometimes I think maybe there are a few too many safety switches on some things. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.