Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found an easy way to put the cooling hoses back carbs after reinstalling them? I have big hands so it is not like I am not getting them in there.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I pulled the fans

·
It aint rocket science
3,854 Posts
Install carbs into isolators without tightening clamps so you can rock the carbs back a little. Then with your extended reach 45 degree needle nosed pliers slip hoses back on. A little bit of silicone spray on heat riser tubes will aid installation of hoses.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the needle nose but no silicone spray but the can be fixed thanks for the ideas.

·
It aint rocket science
3,854 Posts

·
Administrator
25,338 Posts
Better. They probably have them individually.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have both got them when I was still working as a mechanic in factories before I retired Channel Locks they were a tax write off :p

·
It aint rocket science
3,854 Posts
They might make it easier to put that darn hose back on the right front corner of the air box also.
4" needle nose vise grips turn that into a non issue. Pull the pair hose up as far as possible and from about the 5 O'clock position pinch a portion of hose about 1" from end of hose. Let it sink back down. Attach all other hoses to air box and before final resting of air box grab vise grips line it up onto fitting, release and down the road.:)

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
4" needle nose vise grips turn that into a non issue. Pull the pair hose up as far as possible and from about the 5 O'clock position pinch a portion of hose about 1" from end of hose. Let it sink back down. Attach all other hoses to air box and before final resting of air box grab vise grips line it up onto fitting, release and down the road.:)
I'll give that a whirl next time I have the air box off. If I remember. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts