Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Had to share this, as stuffI had read didn't sort the noises in my head :)

The clutch lever had always felt solid and the clutch only felt fully engaged with the lever all the way out.

Under cetain loads it would slip but not all the time, there wasn't any pattern to it and I thought the plates were goosed with it being stood so long, I even wondered if the motor oil was wrong. I opened the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder the fluid squirted out without pulling the lever. I had the lever out to see if there was any seized or holding the piston in... nope all good there.

I lifted the master cylinder cap all looked well, next I bled the fluid out, no air in the lines. Iran the fluid right down and emptied the rest with an absorbent towel.

In the bottom of the resevoir there's a steel restrictor/ sheild fitted in the fluid supply hole, I lifted that out and that was covering another 'needle diameter' hole You guessed it. It was plugged. I cleared it 'well just touched it with a needle and a crusty cap lifted off. I put a little fluid in to cover both holes and pumped the lever..

more crap came out! I bled the sytem tillthe fluidwas clear again, fluid could be seen flowing out of the pin hole now as the lever was activated and there was movement in the lever before resistance could be felt against the the clutch.

Road test, it's different to ride again. The clutch lever is now only half way out before it is full engaged and no signs of slip whatsoever!

I wonder if the chap that cut down the pin between the master cylinder piston and lever tried this :)

Neil

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

We have heard of that from other members in the past Neil. Glad you got it fixed up. That's a great angle you took the photo from, it would make a good avatar.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks :) maybe I didn't search hard enough, this bike is just getting better and better. I've been used to a hypersports bike for a long time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.