Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi can anyone in the uk tell me where i can get some of this colour (r-114c-u) i bought a used tank shelter in blue flated primmerd and now cant get the paint to respray in wineberry. thanks for any help you can give (dave):(

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks for the help in trying to trace some paint. your right to say that most paints are now waterbased and this one isnt. my painter explained this to me after telling me he couldnt get the paint. cant complain yet he is a very good freind and cheap. so will call the paint shop monday to see if they can help. i hope they are as helpful as you guys always are. thanks again (dave)

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

hi and thanks for your help purchased some paint from motorbike paint.co.uk today the sales person(heidi) was very helpfuleven gave me tips to tell the painter how to apply it .once again thanks to your site for great iformation.and a big thanks to(gw norman) aka guru youve made one winger very happy :).

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
imported post

Re.Honda colour r114cu, I went through this exercise recently when getting the whole of my bike repainted (1984 GL1200I - same Wineberry red colour) after an almost full recondition of it. She is sparkling now in Candy Wineberry red (or close to) ....I am in new Zealand so I guess the paint manufacturers are perhaps different from elsewhere in the world, but what I did learn was this: "Candy" colours are not easy to reproduce, and as such are more expensive to paint....(around NZ$2500 for my bike)...I eventually found (after a raft of suspect information from various "car' painters, a painter who had painted his car (Ford Mustang I think) in a Candy colour, so new what he was on about. Invaluable and important to me and the end result. If a car painter says he can paint your tank cover in a similar colour but has no knowledge of "Candy' finishes, be very wary, sure doubtless he will do a good job but look closely at the finish compared to the original, and you could quite possibly be very dissapointed. The Honda code r114cu doesn't seem to mean anything to all painters here anyway, but these guys found a "stock" mix (my words not theirs) which can easily be re-mixed time after time if necessary, which did the trick...and they had the skills..they got my business. They did bring my Wing "up to date" also, as the original paint had become quite dulled over time, by applying a purple (yes, purple) base over the top of the original grey base, (before top coats and clearcote of course) which really brought the entire paint job "to life" but if you are just repainting one part, you may not wish to do this. I can ask for more detail on the paint mixtures if you think it may be of help, hope this was of some help,
Cheers and good luck.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.