Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With the choke on on a cold day I start the wing and there is a lot more exhaust smoke out of the left exhaust pipe,is this a sign of unbalanced carbs which were balanced a few month ago but still has a hesitation even with the advanced timing trigger wheel?

Thanks for any info.

John B

Ps wing was 28,000 mile but sat up for many years without running.

·
It aint rocket science
3,921 Posts
imported post

When do you notice the hesitation, off idle or mid RPM range. The early Wings were prone to a hesitation and is most likely fuel related. What color is the smoke or is it steam from water vapor. Next time you start it cold check the temperature of the cylinder heads with your hand and see if one side gets hotter than the other as it warms up.

JD

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

valve seals/carb or head gasket probs....run it till it clears up and put it on the center stand over night...next morn see if you get less smoke for leaky valve seals....what color smoke?....sat for many years so carbs might be ready for new parts now

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

goldwing003 wrote:
With the choke on on a cold day I start the wing and there is a lot more exhaust smoke out of the left exhaust pipe,is this a sign of unbalanced carbs which were balanced a few month ago but still has a hesitation even with the advanced timing trigger wheel?

Thanks for any info.

John B

Ps wing was 28,000 mile but sat up for many years without running.
Do you let it sit on the side stand? That could be at least part of your issue, and easy to test.

The aftermarket trigger wheel is not worth the metal its made from. I chucked mine, never looked back.

Info here: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/113651.html Be sure to read all of it as I made changes as I went.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.