Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost mine during my last ride. A source or info on where to get one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
897 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Left trunk pocket lid for '90 Aspencade not available at Partzilla or Honda Parts Nation parts. BUT, , , I found one on Western Honda Powersports website for $18.48 but the color looks to be YR139L (TYPE 6). We'll need to know your "color" of seat/centershelter/dash to find your exact color.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I must try to find out the exact color code for that part on my bike.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
not much of a problem, , ,The information that I have says it is either;

A) Brown-ish (called Havana brown; code YR139L)
B) Blue-ish (called pigeon blue; code B75L)
C) Black-ish (called Real black; code NH188L)

The 1990's had only three colors of that pocket, , ,and the brown-ish one seems to be for an SE model.

Here's the part number for the left pocket lid/pigeon blue color;
81165-MN5-000ZE

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the update on my bike part color code. It does appear to to be a blueish color so that would make it the pigeon blue; code B75L according to the options you listed

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Ed M, , , , You might have trouble finding a replacement pocket to match unless you, , A)want to wait for one to pop up on eBay or Craigslist, , or B)utilize one of the "network database" systems used by dozens of motorcycle salvage/dismantler yards.

You can also buy one of the "available" pockets for your year bike and paint it to match. You'll need to translate/convert the B75L to a color code that a "paint house" understands.

Good luck with that pocket project, , , ,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will keep my eyes peeled for those sources. I have not yet found the duplicate color match, but I will still keep looking. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it is the wrong color and side for me, but maybe someone else may have use for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keep in mind that not all years are interchangeable.

I think I might have a 1995 "blue-ish" left pocket. It's not like a true black, and it's not brown. I thought it was kinda gray-ish.

The sticker inside says 81165-MN5-000Za

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
The reference material that I have shows that the '95's came with two colors of centershelter/pockets. The '95's had Tuscany Red (R200) that looks redish-brown, or they had Cosmopolitan Grey (NH159L) that is Grey-ish. Neither would match the Pigeon blue unless it was painted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am happy to see many here trying to aid my search for trunk pocket lid/cover. I will continue to monitor my friends here and thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
396FISH, , ,the '93 Interstate came from the factory with ONE color, , ,Cosmopolitan Grey (NH159L). Is the black needed for a different bike, , or is it a grey pocket painted black???

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
396FISH, , ,the '93 Interstate came from the factory with ONE color, , ,Cosmopolitan Grey (NH159L). Is the black needed for a different bike, , or is it a grey pocket painted black???
I bet you know more about that than me but it sure looks black to me. Not as dark as the black paint on the bike but darker than most of what I call grey. As long as it fits I think I can paint it to match close enough, maybe..

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
You're the best judge of the color, , , I am relying on reference documents that might not be as accurate as I was hoping. Good call, , , if I find a black one, I'll let you know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts