Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new here and to Goldwings. I just bought my 1990 and I have a question. Under the ignition switch cover there is a flat wire connector and mine has several wires that have come loose. On my cover there are four switches that hook into the wiring harness that look factory but being a newbie I am not sure. Anyone have any information on the wiring diagram?
Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
As Joe said, please post a picture. The stock GL1500 did not have any switches mounted on the switch cover, so whatever they are has been added by a previous owner.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Your message is somewhat confusing. Can you please explain exactly what you have in order that someone might be able to help...?? As others indicated, pictures might help.

1. You indicate a flat wire connector that has several wires loose. How many wires are on that connector, what color are the wires (including the loose wires)..?? Including base color and tracer color....!!

2. You indicate there are four switches that hook into the wire harness. Are you saying these switches are already connected to the wiring harness...?? If so, seems you only need to identify what they control.

Are you trying to figure out one or two issues....???

Oh, welcome to the forum..........!

Hello,
I am new here and to Goldwings. I just bought my 1990 and I have a question. Under the ignition switch cover there is a flat wire connector and mine has several wires that have come loose. On my cover there are four switches that hook into the wiring harness that look factory but being a newbie I am not sure. Anyone have any information on the wiring diagram?
Thank you in advance.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Like the others requested,, pics will make it MUCH better to determine what you have.
Be sure to take pics of the switches, as many here can identify them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Only flat wire connector that should be located anywhere near the underside of the start switch would be the front handbrake light switch, if you're taking about a stock wiring connector.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
His post indicated it was a flat wire connector under the ignition switch cover. Seems this would be like comparing apples and oranges...........!

Only flat wire connector that should be located anywhere near the underside of the start switch would be the front handbrake light switch, if you're taking about a stock wiring connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.