Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking at buy this1990 GL1500but it needs a new clutch. Any ball park figures on what it would cost to replace?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
imported post

Hi, could you put your location in as you may get a price from the wrong country. Jim

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

northwing wrote:
Hi, could you put your location in as you may get a price from the wrong country. Jim
That was strnge, I thought I put it in when I registered. Anyway, I fixed it. I'm in southern CA (Orange County).

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
imported post

In that case I'm the wrong side of the pond to help. But at least this will bump you back to the top.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

If you hire it done at a shop, most likely 700 to 900 dollars. If you do it yourself the clutch kit, even a heavy duty Barnett is less than 100 dollars. Slave cylinder and master cylinder kits are about 40 dollars each.

Kit

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
If you hire it done at a shop, most likely 700 to 900 dollars. If you do it yourself the clutch kit, even a heavy duty Barnett is less than 100 dollars. Slave cylinder and master cylinder kits are about 40 dollars each.

Kit
Thanks, Kit. I don't think I need a clutch though. It rattles when in neutral but not in gear. Other than that it works just fine. I'm going to have to buy a manual and check it out.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
imported post

Mine rattles a bit when in neutral, but when the clutch is pulled in it stops. I think this is a common thing on a lot of Honda's (and possible other makes).If I remember right it's the clutch basket springs having a small amount of playthat cause it to rattle/chatter. Mines done it for the 3 years I've owned it.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

Rattle is normal for Honda's.
Ride it and enjoy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.