Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
I've seen that pump on Amazon and wondered if it would work well. A minor bit of confusion exists on the Amazon listing though, it looks like HFP-360-ST is for the ST1100 with EFI, however, the HFP-360-ST-1 is for the GL1500. The title is the same for both, but the spec's table shows the different number. Apparently the two pumps have different weights and, or components.
More than a little confusion. They both say EFI, which didn't exist on either the GL1500 or ST1100 & pressure specs are not listed at all. Flow doesn't matter as long as it is enough, the carbs regulate the flow, pressure is what's most important.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got the one described as Quantum Intank Fuel Pump for Honda Goldwing GL1500 1988-2000, HFP-360-ST Replaces 16700-MAF-000
I will be checking the flow rate a little later this morning and maybe take off the lower air cleaner plate to see more options for compressed air or carb cleaner applications on that right one.

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
I got the one described as Quantum Intank Fuel Pump for Honda Goldwing GL1500 1988-2000, HFP-360-ST Replaces 16700-MAF-000
I will be checking the flow rate a little later this morning and maybe take off the lower air cleaner plate to see more options for compressed air or carb cleaner applications on that right one.
Jim,
As Dave said in an earlier post don't worry about the flow rate. Pressure will be the real critical parameter as pressure and flow are directly proportional. I would expect to see between 2 and 5 PSI. If higher than that there might be a possibility the pressure is pushing the needle off the seat. I doubt you have that issue but it is worth checking I guess.

Given the info you listed you have the right pump obviously. Some others have used pumps for fuel injected cars erroneously and had big issues. Fuel pressure in fuel injected cars can easily be in the 30 to 40 PSI range.

·
It aint rocket science
3,893 Posts
All warmed up and Idling.....When I spray my B-12 Chemtool in the right carb it revs up.
But when I apply the same spray in the left carb it wants to only stall out and sputter. The affect doesn't change, even at higher steady rpms. Does this indicate or confirm something
As Dave replied right side lean which needs correcting especially if RPM is increasing 100 +/- RPM or more and left side running rich which is obvious fault by the flooding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Final Update for this thread go-around....... It's noon and last resort, down to the carbs with air cleaner plate removed, Spray and rev, spray and rev, rev and spray, rev and spray, tap, tap, tap, begins to idle without overflow leakage. more spray, jets spraying better and better in the left carb, little idle overflow, then none, smoother rev cycle. Spray and soak, Call it a night.

Next day, starts up, no overflow leakage, put everything back together, no parts left over. Maiden voyage, a little less power and low end stutter, but then it kicked into smooth running, went through the gears on highway, a little interstate riding at 75, back through town and home. Added some non-ethanol gas, 1/2 can of Sea Foam. Repeat same routine in the evening, same results. There is a little less power at the very first clutch out and 20 feet, but then it really kicks in through the middle and upper end. Smooth running on the highway. Ready to put it on the market.

Special thanks to each and every community member who chimed in the discussion and endured my personal misery and enjoyed the final hurrah with me! Until next time....

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
View attachment 322944 Final Update for this thread go-around....... It's noon and last resort, down to the carbs with air cleaner plate removed, Spray and rev, spray and rev, rev and spray, rev and spray, tap, tap, tap, begins to idle without overflow leakage. more spray, jets spraying better and better in the left carb, little idle overflow, then none, smoother rev cycle. Spray and soak, Call it a night.

Next day, starts up, no overflow leakage, put everything back together, no parts left over. Maiden voyage, a little less power and low end stutter, but then it kicked into smooth running, went through the gears on highway, a little interstate riding at 75, back through town and home. Added some non-ethanol gas, 1/2 can of Sea Foam. Repeat same routine in the evening, same results. There is a little less power at the very first clutch out and 20 feet, but then it really kicks in through the middle and upper end. Smooth running on the highway. Ready to put it on the market.

Special thanks to each and every community member who chimed in the discussion and endured my personal misery and enjoyed the final hurrah with me! Until next time....
The lack of low end power makes me think there is an issue with the low speed circuit. Maybe the Seafoam will take care of that issue in time.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts