Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A friend of mine called today, and wanted to know if I wanted a bike for my 8yo who loves to ride with me. The bike is a '90 Honda XR 70. He says it may need a ring job on it, but as far as the rest of the bike its in great shape and has been garage kept. I was wondering if anyone has one, or has had one in the past for their kids?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
imported post

i have a sunL 70 which is very simular to an xr/ crf 70

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Have you had to do any work on the engine? I was wondering how hard replacing the rings would be, or if I just need to take it to a shop.:shock:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

I have an XR 70, if you find a post by Dylan, wingnuts son you can see him riding it.

It is a great bike to start kids on, its bullet proof, if and I mean IF it neds a ring job its not a problem.

The engine is the old C70 semi automatic 3 speed, I put a one tooth smll cog on the front end and the damn thing will go round and round for ever, it is a damn good buy, believe me your 8 year old will love it, and you will be the best thing since sliced bread for many a year.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks David, I can't beat the price. I just go get it:). I am going over Monday or Tuesday to pick it up to see what all needs to be done to it and try to get it ready for Christmas.....I think he will be happy and surprised!!!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
Thanks David, I can't beat the price. I just go get it:). I am going over Monday or Tuesday to pick it up to see what all needs to be done to it and try to get it ready for Christmas.....I think he will be happy and surprised!!!:cooldevil:
one happy fella in your house at christmas now then.

I might ask you to get him the protective gear to start with, if you look at Dylans Picture you'll see he is wearing it all, Crash Hat, Gloves, boots if you can.

Any kid can come here to ride but its my rules, I own the bike, no saftey gear NO RIDE, its a very simple rule.

I'll get of my soap box now, and wish the young man many years of happy riding..

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Oh the safety gear is high priority on the list!!!! He already wears a full face helmet when he rides with me, but the gloves, pads leggings the whole wardrobe will be worn...........I don't want to have his mother on my @$$ about it!:whip::whip::hovering:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,142 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40,

I'm betting that the "ring job" requirement will go away if you treat the gas and the oil both with Sea Foam.

After you change out the Sea Foam in the oil, then doctor it with MMO and run it that way.

Betcha the rings start doing their job then.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for the tip John, I will give that a try when I get it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.